New-look Japaninc.com

jin at mailman.japaninc.com jin at mailman.japaninc.com
Wed Mar 18 18:11:04 JST 2009

Every PBXL wireless phone comes standard with:
a big color screen,
a 03 Tokyo number,
voicemail,
and more!

Everything you expect from the best office phone system
on the market.

Call today! 03-4550-2557
Get your new phone system in 3 steps: http://www.pbxl.jp/plans

PBXL is Hosted Business Telephony
Monthly seminars at Cisco HQ: http://www.pbxl.jp/seminarstt
More about PBXL: http://www.pbxl.jp/aboutus2

J at pan Inc Newsletter
The 'JIN' J at pan Inc Newsletter
A weekly opinion piece on social, economic and political trends
in Japan.
Issue No. 504 Wednesday March 18, 2009, Tokyo

In keeping with the whole spring theme of renewal this week, the
new-look www.japaninc.com has been launched today. The new site
features a network of expert bloggers covering the gamut of topics
that we cover here at J at pan Inc magazine, from entrepreneurism to
politics to finance and macro economics. We're going to be expanding
our web presence from this point on with our bloggers at the
forefront. The print version will continue in its current quarterly
journal-style format with the online opinion pieces and articles
complementing it.

Some of the exciting names we have in our new network are:

* Steven Towns* - A finance expert, senior development research analyst
at Yale, and former editor of SeekingAlpha.com.

* Tobias Harris* - A prolific political commentator who has worked for a
member of the DPJ and is now completing his PhD at Yale. He is also a
commentator on CNBC.

* Takafumi Horie* - The web entrepreneur who founded Livedoor, attempted
a hostile takeover of Fuji TV and whose court time gave the nation's
newspapers plenty of headlines in 2007. He's now working on the
development of a space travel project.

We have a number of other great experts and writers who you can check
out here <http://www.japaninc.com/taxonomy/term/560>. This is our core group
who we have gathered together for the
launch. We will be building the network as we continue. Watch out for
our weekly updates of all the best analysis of the Japanese business
world.

* Social media hub*

Another important feature of the site is the social media hub which
you can see to the top right of the site. Updates and messages will be
sent from myself and our network of bloggers to anyone who starts
following J at pan Inc. We want you the readers to connect more with us
and we want the Japanese and international business communities to
connect with each other more directly via J at pan Inc. Thanks to our
contributing tech writer Robert Sanzalone at Pacific
IT<http://www.pacificit.ca/>for
coordinating that. If you want to sign up to any of them here they are
(You only need to sign up to one by the way):

Twitter
http://twitter.com/JapanInc

Friendfeed
http://friendfeed.com/japaninc

Brightkite
http://brightkite.com/people/JapanInc

Plurk
http://www.plurk.com/japaninc

Identi.ca
http://identi.ca/japaninc

Jaiku
http://japaninc.jaiku.com/

And if you haven't already, sign up to the J at pan Inc Linked In page
for all the latest updates, news and discussion:

Linked In
http://www.linkedin.com/groups?home=&gid=146300&trk=anet_ug_hm

Michael Condon
Editor-in-chief

----------------- Web Hosting in Japan --------------------

With prices comparable to those available in the US, and a
full range of hosting services, there is no need to put up with
slow-downloading websites hosted overseas anymore.

With nearly 10 years experience in the Japanese market,
Tsukaeru.net provides great value for money to both the
Japanese and English speaking clients.
We provide low cost shared hosting accounts from just 210
yen per month,to fully managed complex hosting.

Customers moving from our competitors receive
up to JPY10,000 cashback on completion of migration.

http://tsukaeru.net/en
Isao 050-3533-8241

東京マラソンランナーの皆さん!
がんと闘っている子供たちとその家族をサポートする非営利団体タイラー基金の
"シャインオン チャレンジ"の募金を募ってます。
オリンピックランナー山口マーラさんは、"シャインオン チャレンジ"の
メインサポーターです。

詳しくは: www.tylershineon.org/

Tokyo Marathon Runners! We need help!
Raise funds for children with cancer and their families.
Join the Tyler Foundation's "Shine On! Challenge".
supported by Olympic Runner Mara Yamauchi.

More info: www.tylershineon.org/

Our Entrepreneur Handbook Seminar is obviously filling a
need in the community right now, as many people look at
their employers and see the writing on the wall. We had a
sell-out audience of 35, and still more people wanting to
attend.
So, we have decided to re-run the seminar this
month for those people unable to make it last month.
The new date will be Saturday March 21.

Details will be posted on the website shortly, at:
http://www.japaninc.com/entrepreneur_handbook_seminar

Speaker: Hiroshi Alley, President and Representative Director,
Wipro Japan K.K

Title: Surviving and Thriving in IT in 2009

Details: Complete event details at http://www.icajapan.jp/
(RSVP Required)