Terrie's Take 535 Correction -- Chicago

terrie at mailman.japaninc.com terrie at mailman.japaninc.com
Mon Sep 28 08:00:43 JST 2009

Normally we don't send out corrections, however, as a number of people
have kindly pointed out, somehow we managed to temporarily identify
Detroit rather than Chicago as one of the bidding cities for the
Olympics. This is of course incorrect and the correct location should
have been Chicago.

Correspondingly, the comment around the ailing auto industry has less
relevance, but the fact still remains that the IOC Evaluation
Commission was concerned about Chicago's ability to fund the Games --
and we assume that this was punctuated by the recent downturn of the
economies in the Midwestern states. The comments from the Commission
were carefully worded, but their mere presence indicate that concern.

Thanks for reading Terrie's Take.

Terrie Lloyd