Terrie's Take 709b -- Special Event Notice

Terrie's Take terrie at mailman.japaninc.com
Fri May 17 01:48:02 JST 2013

* * * * * * * * * T E R R I E 'S T A K E * * * * * * *
A weekly roundup of news & information from Terrie Lloyd.
(http://www.terrie.com)

Special Notice: Thursday, May 16, 2013

+++ NOTICE

We omitted one important announcement from last Sunday's issue of
Terrie's Take 709, hence this email...

Next Wednesday evening, May 22nd, we, along with a number of leading
VC figures in Tokyo will be holding the inaugural VCLP conference --
targetted at foreign and local institutional and private investors who
are interested in networking with leaders in the Japanese VC industry.
Some very high quality guests in the local VC sector are expected.

You don't need to be an investor to attend -- government observers,
technology experts, start-up financial personnel, and others
interested in the VC space are also welcome. The program will showcase
how recent developments in incubation and VC in Japan are changing the
way investments are being made and subsequently affecting the flow of
companies able to do future IPOs and trade sales. This will be useful
if you are looking for alternative investments outside of ordinary
public equities.

The speakers include:
* Ikuo Hiraishi, a leading seed stage venture capitalist in Japan.
Having done multiple startups, his Sunbridge Global Venture entity
invests and incubates companies with global ambition.
* Alon Lifshitz, a leading early stage venture capitalist in Israel.
He is also the CEO of SalesGate International, a global business
development consultancy that helps major firms in Europe and Japan.
* Tom Sato, an international Business Development expert, serial
entrepreneur, and currently the Japan Representative for Credorax Inc.

For more information on the program, the speakers, and to reserve a
place at VCLP, please go to http://vclp.peatix.com (scroll down for
English).

END

Copyright 2013 Japan Inc. Communications Inc.

----------------- Japan Inc opens up Japan ----------------

J at pan Inc authoritatively chronicles business trends in Japan. Each
posting brings you in-depth analysis of business, people and
technology in the world's third largest economy.

Visit www.japaninc.com for the best business insight on Japan available.