www.japaninc.com June 04, 2009

jin at mailman.japaninc.com jin at mailman.japaninc.com
Thu Jun 4 18:21:00 JST 2009

----------------- PBXL: DON'T BUY A PBX! ------------------

Check out our NEW web site! http://www.pbxl.jp

PBXL brings your telephone system, telecom carrier, and
Internet connectivity together under one roof.
Outsource your telecom management for a worry-free
office environment!

Join us at our monthly seminar at Cisco Headquarters:
http://en.pbxl.jp/seminars.php

Contact us today!
03-4550-2557
info at pbxl.jp

*
What's online this week at J at pan Inc magazine:*

Separated by a common <http://www.japaninc.com/common%20enemy>

By Tobias Harris

Already under consideration before North Korea's nuclear test last week,
the LDP's push to include plans for an indigenous capability to strike
North Korea to preempt an attack on Japan has picked up speed over the
past week. On May 26th, Prime Minister Taro Aso reminded reporters that
since 1955 preemptive self-defense has been considered legal...

What lies ahead... <http://www.japaninc.com/Japanese_Finance>

Japanese Finance / HR executives most pessimistic in Asia, study shows

By David Price

Is the economy ready to recover? It appears to depend on who you talk
to and where you look.

On the positive side, government officials and top bankers
increasingly say that the financial markets appear to be through the
worst. Former Federal Reserve Chairman Alan Greenspan has said that
the U.S. economy and financial markets have improved. And many private
economists are predicting the beginning of an overall economic upturn
either late this year or in early to mid 2010. All of this suggests
that the worst of the recession may be over...

Party A vs Party B <http://www.japaninc.com/Party%20A%20vs%20Party%20B>

By Tobias Harris

Seiji Maehara, the former DPJ president who has been viewed as a
possible defector from the DPJ, said in a TV appearance Thursday
evening that "even if the DPJ loses the election, it will absolutely
not break apart." I have long been skeptical of the willingness of
Maehara and his fellow conservatives to defect from the DPJ,
particularly when the DPJ has been ahead in public opinion polls...

After the roller coaster <http://www.japaninc.com/roller%20coaster>

By Steven Towns

The Nikkei, like many other benchmark indices, is hardly the volatile,
motion sickness inducing headline producer that it was of months past.
But no matter how hard I’ve tried, I just haven’t been able to turn
myself into a green shoots market cheerleader...

 More on the Roos appointment <http://www.japaninc.com/Roos%20appointment>

By Tobias Harris

Considering the appointment of John Roos and other Obama donors to
ambassadorial posts, David Rothkopf makes a strong argument against
the relevance of ambassadorships in the first place...

Speaker: Jonathan Coopersmith
- Assoc. Prof. (History) at Texas A&M

Title: Driving Tech Innovation: How Pornography helped
develop the Internet and lessons for the Internet Economy

Details: Complete event details at http://www.icajapan.jp/
(RSVP Required)